Traffic Overload and Alternative Sites

QoStube
QoStube's Avatar
235 posts
Posted 16 Jul 2021 - 04:19 AM #1
Dear Visitors and Users,

Our site has been growing at a steady pace or maybe a bit too fast and we've been seeing some traffic spikes in the recent days and weeks. This means the overall demand for our service exceeds our current limit of 100 Mbit/s of bandwidth or a total of 1 Terabyte daily.

Whenever there's an instantaneous user demand that exceeds 100 Mbit/s any further requests result in a data shortage, a queue of users that can't access the site and get a browser time out. While this is unpleasant, we are happy that F5-ing your way in is still a possibility.

As you see the avg. daily rate ist above 90 Mbit/s. Back in 2020 we had way more 70s and 80s days but in 2021 the point of total saturation is nigh.





As we are approaching our limits we have to welcome any alternative that can offload or straight up inherit this place if it gets completely overtaken by the horny masses.

So far there are two forum alternatives.


CreampieGuy wrote:
https://discord.gg/QE25zDhznC

It was fun while it lasted but this forum is clearly in its last legs. Let's migrate over to Discord. It'll take some getting used to but we'll have more stability and a more modern experience.


AussieMan wrote:
https://irtube.webboard.org/

does the admin is still around? this should be a good alternative for a while


If anyone can do better please list your place here. This thread's going to remain featured for enough visibility.
AussieMan
AussieMan's Avatar
1491 posts
Posted 16 Jul 2021 - 07:16 AM #2
You said stuff that we already know...

I mean, are you seriously not going to do a thing and just let this site die? Really? Are the videos that important for you? Seriously dude what is the point of having a tube site if you can't even manage it? This shit doesn't make any fucking sense. You don't care about the forum, fine, but it seems you don't even care about this whole site at all. What was your plan? So that everything will somehow work out, that somebody will donate one million bitcoin? Come on.
fumz
fumz's Avatar
76 posts
Posted 16 Jul 2021 - 09:06 AM #3
As I type this, there are 331 pages of videos. This is where the bandwidth is going.

If you go from hosting a forum where the biggest bandwidth issue is large pictures to a forum that hosts several hundred pages of porn videos, and you have no solid plan to monitize the site, and you further cripple your ability to bring in money by going bitcoin only, then asking a bunch of guys who're just here reading the forums to cover costs for the people using the lion's share of the bandwidth and still not asking them to pony up...

I got lost in that mess of a sentence above ... of course there's a problem get rid off the videos wtf or ask the people who you're hosting for to chip in or recognize this isn't anonymous and get rid of bitcoin only cause that's just stupid and ill-concieved.
avatar
avatar's Avatar
140 posts
Posted 17 Jul 2021 - 10:11 AM #4
fumz wrote:
As I type this, there are 331 pages of videos. This is where the bandwidth is going.

If you go from hosting a forum where the biggest bandwidth issue is large pictures to a forum that hosts several hundred pages of porn videos, and you have no solid plan to monitize the site, and you further cripple your ability to bring in money by going bitcoin only, then asking a bunch of guys who're just here reading the forums to cover costs for the people using the lion's share of the bandwidth and still not asking them to pony up...

I got lost in that mess of a sentence above ... of course there's a problem get rid off the videos wtf or ask the people who you're hosting for to chip in or recognize this isn't anonymous and get rid of bitcoin only cause that's just stupid and ill-concieved.

I doubt even if he accepts other currency that there'll be much difference. You can get bitcoin at coinstar machines now; that's not the issue. People just don't want to pay. There are ways to keep terrestrial currency donations relatively anonymous (and even cryptocurrency isn't completely anonymous- hate to break it to the admin...) but there hasn't been much thought given to it, really. The admin just said "I only want bitcoin." 

The end. 

In any case, this board is pretty fucked anyway. The mod turns a blind eye to all kinds of shit jmac says and gives him an unfortunate false sense of invulnerability because there's no repercussions for anything he says as long as he doesn't clearly and unequivocally state he wants to murder someone (which is a pretty wide fucking berth). Too many dudes have got dodgeritis where that's all they see or care about and too few can just enjoy porn, watch a scene and go "that white chick was hot, the dude kept wood and gave her a nice pounding and I popped." Now you've got people examining the motives behind why the girl did the scene like they're watching the Zapruder film and wondering if she's got a contract and that's why she only works with this one dude or if her suitcase pimp doesn't like darkskinned black guys so that's why she works with Ricky Johnson.

I mean, fuck...some of this is just fucking insane on a Q-Anon level.

I can only hope this discord catches on and is better moderated and has some restraint. Because the lunatics have definitely taken over this asylum.
fumz
fumz's Avatar
76 posts
Posted 17 Jul 2021 - 01:26 AM #5
Needing money to pay for your hobby and making people jump through hoops to get it is retarded. Period. If he accepted paypal or mc/visa this wouldn't be a discussion. If you make it easy for people to give you money, then people with disposable incomes will give you money.

It is a discussion however based on the idiotic theory that "bitcoin is anonymous". Well, for starters, it's not. Pseudoanonymity is not the same as anonymity. You can tell because they're not even the same words. More importantly, what's really not anonymous is this site or it's donate here tab. If the authorities decide to take this site down they're going to do just that. How it's funded is irrelevant. Do you really think prosecutors are going to be foiled by bitcoin? "oh noes \o/ !!! we can't take down qos because he's too clever and used bitcoin so we have to let him go free!!!" lol, ok, sure.

I can't think of a more miserable existance than joining this forums discord server. I have a hard enough time staying clear of the trolls that just seem to love to wallow in shit day in and day out. Who on earth would want attacks on jmac piped into their ears? Or most of the other shit that plasters the boards these days? Hard pass on listening to all that shit; it's bad enough seeing it in print.

Seems like a moot point though, tbh. The solution was always obvious: don't host a bunch of videos. I don't even know why this thread exists? Qos knows what's killing bandwidth. He doesn't need a traffic analyzer to figure that shit out. But he doesn't do anything to make it better or make it easy to give up coin.
wifelovesbbc
wifelovesbbc's Avatar
21 posts
Posted 17 Jul 2021 - 11:11 AM #6
Is there anyway we can contribute to the running cost of the site to increase the bandwidth? 

Set up a PayPal or something and we can send you the money you need?
lala
lala's Avatar
2 posts
Posted 18 Jul 2021 - 12:23 PM #7
lurker here. Is there a way we can archive the videos? There is some really good amateur content here that isn't really anywhere else. I'd hate to see it get lost forever. Maybe create a torrent?>
wifelovesbbc
wifelovesbbc's Avatar
21 posts
Posted 18 Jul 2021 - 02:55 AM #8
lala wrote:
lurker here. Is there a way we can archive the videos? There is some really good amateur content here that isn't really anywhere else. I'd hate to see it get lost forever. Maybe create a torrent?>

A torrent is a good idea. The hist can always add new content to it. I have a Vuse running all the time!
Coltrane
Coltrane's Avatar
256 posts
Posted 18 Jul 2021 - 06:55 AM #9
fumz wrote:

I can't think of a more miserable existance than joining this forums discord server. I have a hard enough time staying clear of the trolls that just seem to love to wallow in shit day in and day out. Who on earth would want attacks on jmac piped into their ears? Or most of the other shit that plasters the boards these days? Hard pass on listening to all that shit; it's bad enough seeing it in print.

Seems like a moot point though, tbh. The solution was always obvious: don't host a bunch of videos. I don't even know why this thread exists? Qos knows what's killing bandwidth. He doesn't need a traffic analyzer to figure that shit out. But he doesn't do anything to make it better or make it easy to give up coin.

To begin with, the Discord is using text channels not audio channels.  And threads/channels cannot be spam created.  The interface is just better.  This site is hamstrung by the fact that it orginated as a tube site with a very clunky forum mod, which seemingly cannot be improved.  Having slow site responsiveness while having to always navigate multiple screen loads to get to the last page is not acceptable, from a user experience perspective, in 2021.  

The funding and maintenance of a straight up site will inevitably always be an issue it seems.  While it doesn't help that this site's predecessor got sabatoged for no good reason by an out of his depth admin, it's probably better to just be on Discord where there are set guidelines that should constrain the bad behaviour.  Of course, people may try to ruin it but that's the Interwebs in 2021.          
fumz
fumz's Avatar
76 posts
Posted 19 Jul 2021 - 12:25 PM #10
Coltrane wrote:
To begin with, the Discord is using text channels not audio channels.  And threads/channels cannot be spam created.  The interface is just better.  This site is hamstrung by the fact that it orginated as a tube site with a very clunky forum mod, which seemingly cannot be improved.  Having slow site responsiveness while having to always navigate multiple screen loads to get to the last page is not acceptable, from a user experience perspective, in 2021.  

The funding and maintenance of a straight up site will inevitably always be an issue it seems.  While it doesn't help that this site's predecessor got sabatoged for no good reason by an out of his depth admin, it's probably better to just be on Discord where there are set guidelines that should constrain the bad behaviour.  Of course, people may try to ruin it but that's the Interwebs in 2021.          

Hi Coltrane,

To be sure, there's a mind-boggling number of things wrong or retarded with this site; however, I can't see how Discord could possibly make the experience any better, even if there are no audio channels? Discord is great for what it was designed for: a group of always on gamers. Yes, it's expaned a bit, but it was built as an alternative to Ventrilo and Teamspeak. Each channel is just one long running discussion. Trolls will render notifications pointless... and yes, there are a bunch of ways to troll Discord if you're a troll. It, just like a forum, is only as chill as its moderators are aggressive, and nobody is going to be on 24/7.

Secondly, and this isn't really a major point but it's a point nonetheless, but Discord's fine print pretty much says they own and can use how they see fit anything you put on Discord, whether that's your voice or some shit you wrote.
QoStube
QoStube's Avatar
235 posts
Posted 20 Jul 2021 - 12:05 PM #11
AussieMan wrote:
what is the point of having a tube site if you can't even manage it?

fumz wrote:
The solution was always obvious: don't host a bunch of videos.

The calls for a standalone forum are justified and sensible.

If you two and other members want a transition to a clean and lean forum one of you can set up a Linux server and install MyBB or phpBB which are open source and way better than the current forum script. The future admin of such a forum would have to selflessly take care of the server costs or resort to donations, ads or some other funding scheme. Admin can be a nocoiner and finance it 100% with greenbacks. The two free alternatives so far would sacrifice independent content policy. The discussion and the community can be preserved which is nice but the vault won't be able to exist. 

If we were to reduce the current jack of all trades site to a simple forum as you suggest we'd be left with the very basic forum script. I can't modify or upgrade the forum script, lacking the PHP skills. Most of the donations came from tube people - they consume bandwidth but helped us to survive in 2021.

This means if this site gets overloaded as a tube, it'd better be entirely replaced by a new place set up by someone else. Ideally someone sets up an alternative place before this happens so it's a win-win. We breathe easier and they get a traffic boost. I mean we can still exist despite the traffic spikes. Only the horniest and most patient would F5 enough to make it in.

AussieMan wrote:
You don't care about the forum, fine, but it seems you don't even care about this whole site at all.

Aussie, it's kinda fun to run this site and all but does my life depend on it? Nope.
You seem more attached and more emotionally invested so maybe you'd make a better new admin.